It seems my penchant for getting song lyrics wrong has somehow infused into the genetics of Squirrel #1. Who says you need biology to pass on craziness?
Case in point was Eli singing along to Husband's Atlanta CD.
The song is supposed to go:
"Singing sweet country music
Breathing clean mountain air."
Eli's version? "Singing SWEEEEET crunchy music..."
I've had some doozies myself. I though Guns N Roses' "Take me down to a Paradise City" was "Take me down to a very nice city" and Go West's "King of Wishful Thinking" was "King I've Wished For, Baby". Or even Elvis Presley's "Memories" was "Mammaries...pressed between the pages of my mind" I didn't quite get how breasts could be pressed in your mind but who was I to question the King of Rock and Roll?
But perhaps the cake topper was thinking the Spin Doctor's "Little Miss Can't Be Wrong" was "Cinnamon Carefree Gum". Go ahead..."Cinnamon, Cinnamon, Cinnamon Carefree Gum"...you can see where I could think that.
No?
Oh well. Perhaps it's time for some ear wax removal.
1 comment:
I thought that the "angels' prostates fall" when we sang #80 in Hymns of Zion.
Post a Comment