Family

Family

Saturday, January 9, 2010

I Have a Dream...Farm Riding!

Kate brings home a blank white square of paper from school with a note accompanying it. The note says that the students are making an "I Have a Dream..." quilt at school in honor of MLK Day and the student is supposed to draw a picture of their "dream".

I turn to Kate and ask her what her dream is. She lights up and says, "When I grow up, I'm going to be a farm rider!"

Say what? I ask her if she is going to be a tractor? She says, "No! A farm rider!" I ask, "What, pray tell, is a farm rider?"
She replies, "I am going to have a farm and ride horses." Ahhhh...hence the term "farm rider". Not horse rider, mind you, but farm rider.
We are now working on the word "Equestrian".

No comments: