Family

Family

Friday, March 2, 2012

Preparing for Rain

We have taken a couple of months off from having our home officially listed on the market for two reasons:
1) Barren trees, dormant plants, and gray skies do not make for good curb appeal. 
2) Keeping a show-ready house with two spastic children is enough to may one consider taking up a bourbon addiction. 

But alas, we are getting ready to go on the market again.  The last time, I let the national news about the economy, the (horrid) real estate market, and just my general approach to life (which is to keep a cynical attitude so when things don't go my way, I am not surprised) take over my brain. 

This time, I am "preparing for rain".  This scene from "Facing the Giants" (among the list of movies that make me cry every time even if the acting is sub par) keeps replaying in my head.  Let me set the scene:

The football coach of a losing Christian school team has his life unraveling around his ears - mounting debts, infertility, and a losing football team with attitude problems.  He is in his office late one night wondering out loud to God about why when a man who routinely comes to pray over the school stops by the coach's office with a message:


So this time, I am not only putting the house back on the market, I am starting to pack. I may end up looking like a fool but I am trusting God to "bring the rain". We are fully funded for our first year and within about $10,000 of recurring contributions for our second year and beyond...which anyone who does personal support-raising can tell you is a MAJOR PRAISE (and no, asking for people to join our support team does not get any less awkward with time).

So I am trusting...bring on the rain!

No comments: