Eli came home with a "Community Pledge" she had written and signed in her class:
I pledge to help my community by doing this:
"I will never ever liter.
I will always recyle.
I will help people work.
When somthing is on fire I stop, Drop, and roll."
So if you see a convulsing 7-year-old on the ground in front of a burning building, that would be my Squirrel #1. She's just fulfilling her community pledge.
*******************************************************
In other hilarious 2nd grade news, my niece Grace thoughtfully eyed my sister Renee at breakfast one morning this week and said:
"I can see why dad wanted to marry you. You have nice brown eyes, shiny hair, and a nose that sticks out. You are pretty!"
I should mention that Grace is Chinese American (hence, we think, the reference to the nose that "sticks out") but whatever wheels were turning in her head, she gave Renee the best Valentine compliment ever!
No comments:
Post a Comment