No, I haven't been sniffing glue in my household...my weird title for this post comes from a statement uttered very matter-of-factly by Kate when we were on our way to church. Husband and I shot each other confused glances wondering if we should follow up or just let that statement lay...we couldn't resist. Kate went on to inform us that she had a dream last night about unicorns and they were eating peaches.
She remembers her dreams long after she wakes up...like the one about bears chasing her. She wouldn't sleep with her stuffed bear for weeks after that.
I can commiserate on the weird dream thing...but I usually have to consciously try to remember mine right after I wake up. Like earlier this week, I dreamt I was in a play and while on stage, I realized I had not bothered to memorize my lines. I was trying to discretely hide my playbook behind props but was failing miserably.
Then last night I dreamt I was in high school during homecoming week and the theme was 70s disco...so we were all grooving out to "Stayin' Alive" only I had a "cast" of sorts on my foot/leg that resembled my drink koozy (sp?) or whatever you call that squishy thing that keeps your drink cold. And someone I hadn't thought of in 12 years showed up in the dream. Just randomly.
My recurring dream is that I am nearing finals week in college only to re-check my class schedule and realize I had enrolled in a class that I had NEVER attended or done homework for...so I would have to cram all that homework plus a final in in order to graduate. I wake up in a cold sweat.
Husband thinks I am not quite right to be having all these weird dreams. He also has never experienced sleep paralysis where you are mostly asleep but you swear you can hear someone coming into your house or talking to you but when you try to answer or move, you find out that you are totally paralyzed. You try to scream but it comes out as a "meep" and you have to force all your concentration to move one tiny finger...until suddenly, the "spell" breaks and you can move again. It is SO frightening...and evidently genetic as my brother suffers from it, too.
So that's my weird confessions of the day...I'd be interested to know your strangest or recurring dream...I'll give a packet of Unisom to the winner!
2 comments:
The "forgotten class" dream... Check!
The "sleep paralysis" dream...
Check! Though this one's much less frequent (once a year, maybe).
I'll have to keep thinking on especially weird dreams. I know I've had them, but like you they slip away within an hour after waking up. Please let this be the sign of a healthy mind!
Only suffered sleep paralysis once or maybe twice, but it was freaky! As for weird dreams...Mooo HA HA HA HA...
How about my recurring dream that I am trying to put in my contacts but they are about the size of dinner plates? I keep trying to balance one on my finger and open my eye wide enough, but to no avail. I have also had the afore mentioned end-of-the-semester dream where I forgot about one class. I could go on and on..... Hope this makes you feel more "normal".
Post a Comment