Family

Family

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Beware of the Wolf

S's Book-It homework is to read a story and answer questions about it. Instead of hunching over her to help her with homework, I let her know she is responsible for doing it all by herself. I then check it afterwards.

The story this week was the fable of the "Boy Who Cried Wolf". I came back in from getting K off the bus to find S had answered her questions this way:

Q. What happened the first time the boy called out "Wolf!"?
A. the people scareed the boy

Q. What happened the second time the boy called out "Wolf!"?
A. they came again

Q. What happened the third time the boy called out "Wolf!"?
A. the people did not come

Q. Why didn't the people come the third time?
A. case they new he was bouing (unrecognizable word) tricks

Q. What lesson can you learn from this story?
A. If you tell a trick a wolf mite come

Yes, some nights the train of thought does not stop at every station.

1 comment:

Dave & Heather Steinbeck said...

I think the unrecognizable word you are looking for is "doing"...an educated guess from one who has figured out her fair share of "interesting" written words. ;) She got most of it right! And if the last part keeps her from doing tricks, well then...is it so bad?
Heather :)